What I know going into 2016 and approaching my 50th birthday:
1. Gratitude and kindness are free and I will continue to employ both daily.
2. I know, unequivocally, who my tribe is, some of whom I’ve not met in person, but who have been in my corner in the darkest of times. I will spend more time with them.
3. Effort is a two-way street and I’ll no longer put forth effort when it is not reciprocated. People will always make/find time for what and whom they value.
4. Getting a sweat on every day is paramount to my health and makes me a happier, more balanced person.
5. Being a mother is a journey and I will continue to parent my boys specific to their needs. There is no such thing as perfection.
6. I will continue to advocate for the things I think make this a better world: responsible gun ownership; equal human rights; women’s rights to their bodies; care for our planet; infertility insurance coverage; protection of and for animals.
7. I value my health, especially with the perspective that some friends are battling for theirs. In whatever ways I can, I will lend support.
Hoping that 2016 brings a safer place for us all to live and that clarity for what you hold dear is yours. Happy New Year!